The Pinoy White Boy is back with another Filipino Adobo Video. There are many different variations of Adobo, and it varies from cook to cook, and region to region. This time were using Pork Shoulder instead of Chicken thighs. This is my absolute favorite thing in the world, I love adobo, and used to request it from my Wife’s Lola every time I’d visit.
Sorry about the intro and exit audio, something went wrong and I wasn’t able to correct it.
Filipino Pork Adobo
3 Pounds Pork Shoulder
1 Cup Filipino Soy Sauce
1 Cup Filipino Vinegar
5 cloves of crushed Garlic
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper or peppercorns
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2-3 Whole Bay Leaves
1. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl large enough to hold everything. Mix until sugar is dissolved, add pork and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. After 30 minutes, turn instant pot to saute, allow IP to become hot, and begin to brown pieces of pork in small batches on all sides until caramelized and browned. (Do not discard pork marinade)
3. Once all pork has been browned, turn off saute function, turn on manual function on IP adjust time to 10 minutes, add reserved pork marinade to instant pot, place lid on, move pressure valve to sealing.
4. After 10 minutes are up, release pressure valve using a quick release, after pressure inside pot dissipates, and the safety pin drops, open lid away from yourself.
5. Taste your adobo at this step, adjust it according to your taste. At this point your adobo is ready to serve.
6. If you prefer less liquid, remove pork from the IP, turn on saute function and cook until the liquid is reduced to your preference.
Special Thanks to Jeff and Chacha Robles for their help with the making of this video!
Kain Po Tayo!!
Music was sourced from Bensound.com